It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy and paste a test script step. Comments appear empty.

Daniel Garcia (4911013) | asked Jul 13 '12, 7:43 a.m.

Good evening!

When in RQM 3.0.1 I drag and drop a test script step to the clipboard widget and then drag and drop that step back into another (or the same) test script, the "Comments" column appears empty, and doesn't show the information who had the original step which was copied from.

The other columns are correctly filled in, but not the 'comments' one. Is there any way to avoid that behavior and get that information copied in the new step?

Thanks in advance for your comments. Any help will be appreciated.

Dan.

2 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 16 '12, 3:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @danielggarcia,
I would suggest to submit a defect RQM New Defect  in that case, so the fix get back ported in next 301x release.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 14 '12, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @danielggarcia, This issue has been fixed in latest release. I see that comment is copied in Rational Quality Manager v4.0. However I could verify that this issue exist in Rational Quality Manager v3.0.1.1. You yourself can verify this using sandbox https://jazz.net/products/sandbox/ So seems issues is fixed from either v3012, v3013 or v4.0. Unfortunately my latest 301x test server is down to verify if it is fixed in any of 301x series.

Comments
Daniel Garcia commented Jul 16 '12, 2:47 a.m.

Hi, @pchandor.

Thank you so much for your answer. Actually we're experiencing that problem in RQM version 3.0.1.3, so I can verify that it isn't solved right now. The 4.0 migration isn't on our short-term plans, and some of our clients give the comments field a critical significance.

Regards.

Dan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.