It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC error after advisor deployment

erling jorgensen (40911) | asked Jul 13 '12, 5:00 a.m.
 Hi

I have made some advisors to control delivery in RTC, and try to install them in my server. As I do that i get errors as shown below.

I have tried to uninstall the extensions by deleting the .ini-file in server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles and deleting my site-folder in \server\conf\ccm\sites\...

The server has been reset with this URL: <host>/jts/admin/cmd/requestReset and restarted many times. The errors still remains, and now I am stuck.

The server I use is a version 4.0 in a test-setup (tomcat, Derby on Win 2008R2).

ERROR on.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager  - CRJAZ1112I Failed to register OSGi services for descriptor: ServiceProviderElementDescriptor@3d2e3d2e, implementationClass="com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.xdomain.DynamicProxyFrameService", bundle="com.ibm.team.repository.service", componentId="com.ibm.team.repository", startPolicy=<EARLY>.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No OSGi service was found with the registered name com.ibm.team.jfs.app.config.IConfigurationPropertiesService
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ConfigurationManager.getConfigPropertyService(ConfigurationManager.java:86)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ConfigurationManager.getOverrideString(ConfigurationManager.java:390)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceConfiguration.fetchPropertyOverride(ServiceConfiguration.java:94)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceConfiguration.getOverrides(ServiceConfiguration.java:214)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceConfiguration.getConfigurationValues(ServiceConfiguration.java:177)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceConfiguration.getPropertiesMap(ServiceConfiguration.java:231)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindConfigurationProperties(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:229)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:628)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:691)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:181)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:296)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2054)
	at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2023)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:434)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.init(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1385)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet.init(TeamServerServlet.java:454)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.initializeDelegate(ServletManager.java:195)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:126)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:76)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.initialize(BridgeFilter.java:244)
	at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:149)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:309)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:307)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Regards

Erling

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 14 '12, 7:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erling,

I am unsure how you could cause that with an extension.
Is this a test system? In that case I would reinstall it. I would always use a separate test system to test my deployment before I go into production. Removing the files and entries you used for deploying your extension and the server restart request should have removed the extension. Maybe you overwrote something else?

If it is not a test system, I would create a backup (see: https://jazz.net/library/article/795 or the older version for 3.x), reinstall and redeploy the server and restore.

The other option you have is creating a PMR or work item.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
erling jorgensen commented Jul 16 '12, 3:22 a.m.

Hi Ralp

It's only a server for testing purposes, so I have done the reinstall.

Maybe I have been too bold in order to make my advisor work, among other things I deleted Tomcats Work-folder. Maybe that is not smart.

Anyhow I am up and running again. Thanx for the answer.

/Erling

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 16 '12, 3:50 a.m.

Hi Erling, good to hear that. As far as I know you would only have to remove the files you added to remove the extension. Good luck!

5 other answers

permanent link
Artem Trubin (111) | answered Jul 27 '12, 5:20 a.m.
Hi,
I have a same error on RTC 4. In my case the reason lies in wrong deployment of plug-in site and provision profile. After the fix the problem is gone.

permanent link
Anita Jey (1611315) | answered Aug 22 '12, 11:47 a.m.
 Hello Artem, Erling,

I also have the same problem. I am pretty sure I am provisioning/deploying it correctly. These are the steps that I do, and they have worked me before (on V3.0.1)... I am on V4 now.
1. Copy the Features and Plugins folders and the site.xml into ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites and ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\sites
2. Copy the .ini files into ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles and ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles
3. Delete the work folder under Tomcat and restart the server.

Am I missing anything? Did you figure out what was going wrong in your code/deployment? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!!!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 22 '12, 12:15 p.m.
Hi Anita,

Have you followed the 4.0 workshop and succeeded there? Does your extension work with the Jetty Debug environment? I think I tested the deployment when upgrading the workshop to 4.0. Please carefully reread the workshop deployment section.

Another thing that you have to understand is, that you have to deploy RTC/CCM extensions ONLY to CCM.

1. Copy the Features and Plugins folders and the site.xml into ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites
This is wrong.

1 ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\sites

You copy the Folder containing the plgins and features into the sites folder. You get a separate folder e.g. buildOnState-updatesite

2. Copy the .ini files into ...\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles

This is wrong

3. Delete the work folder under Tomcat and restart the server.

Why do you do this? I never had to do this for the first deployment.   <host>/jts/admin/cmd/requestReset should have a similar effect if you get the server up. There is just one text file that you'd need to delete to force a reread - i Just fail to remember what its name was.

Comments
Anita Jey commented Aug 22 '12, 12:35 p.m.

Hello Ralph,

1. I tried copying it only into the ccm folder and it did not work. So, I tried doing it for both ccm and jts, to see if it made a difference...

2. Same as above.

3. Well, I don't do this for the first deployment. Only for subsequent deploys of the same plugin. The text file you are referring to is probably built-on.txt. I have tried deleting just that alone too.

I have just been looking at this for so long, that I am probably doing some unnecessary things "just to be on the safe side"...

I will re-read the v4 deployment section again carefully, and see if I missed anything.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 22 '12, 12:41 p.m. | edited Aug 22 '12, 12:43 p.m.

One change I had to do was to change the encoding needed to be set to UTF-8. Honestly I have no clue why that should change anything, but I was not able to run the unit tests unless I did it. And the Wiki mentioned UTF-8 too. So I did it to be on the save side 8-) This is mentioned at the beginning of the 4.0 Extensions workshop.

Anita Jey commented Aug 24 '12, 12:01 p.m.

Thanks Ralph for your help. It finally worked for me... Upon closer inspection, I found that somehow for one plugin, I was importing the wrong dependency, and the feature jar mismatched the site.xml timestamp, and I also followed your instruction to not deploy under the jts folders this time, and it worked! :)

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 24 '12, 12:16 p.m.

Hi Anita, great to hear. This is really complex stuff, especially because of the declarative nature. My experience is that it is just easy to miss something small and it is unfortunately really hard to detect the root cause. It has happened to me several times too. Only experience helps - sometimes. So: good catch on the dependency!

ANIL ABRAHAM commented Sep 24 '12, 5:25 p.m.

CRJZS0033E The consumer key is not valid and the consumer may not be registered. The service provider is "https://localhost:9443". The consumer key is "47f...e55".

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 25 '12, 2:32 a.m.

Anil, please open a new thread and provide more information about which steps you perform.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
ANIL ABRAHAM (2322024) | answered Sep 24 '12, 5:24 p.m.
Hi Ralph While I execute the RTC 4 Extension steps , i receive following error. PLease give you suggestion CRJAZ1112I Failed to register OSGi services for descriptor: ServiceProviderElementDescriptor@202f202f, implementationClass="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.connector.AuthenticationService", bundle="com.ibm.team.workitem.service", componentId="com.ibm.team.workitem", startPolicy=.

permanent link
Dimitrios Dentsas (7348) | answered Oct 25 '13, 11:26 a.m.
I have opened a discussion after I solved this issue and explained the steps here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/131951/rtc-error-after-advisor-deployment-crjaz1112i

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.