It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scm load command can't mark the repository workspace as LOADED in RTC client GUI

Wei Huang (748) | asked Jul 12 '12, 11:23 a.m.
edited Jul 12 '12, 11:58 a.m. by Tim Mok (6.6k38)
 Hi There,

I'm using RTC 3.0.1.2, and the story is sth like this:

Suppose we have a stream1, and I created a repository workspace named  stream1_ws (via RTC client).

Then I loaded a folder into the local workspace like this:
scm load stream1_ws -r jazzrep1 -d D:\workspace\RTC_Code\ -f component/A/B
It was successful and I could see the files in disk.

But the problem is: in RTC client, stream1_ws is NOT marked as LOADED - i.e. even if I did some changes to the files in disk, there is no way to be detected...

Could you kindly take a look this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Wei.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Jul 16 '12, 2:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To use RTC Eclipse client with the workspace loaded using the command line, you would have to add the sandbox path (folder where the workspace is loaded, in your case - D:\workspace\RTC_Code) to the list of sandboxes tracked by the RTC client. To configure the list of the sandboxes, Open Window > Preferences, and find Team > Jazz Source Control > Sandboxes.

Thanks,
Sridevi
Jazz SCM CLI Team
Wei Huang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Wei Huang commented Jul 16 '12, 3:23 a.m.

Many thanks to Sridevi - this is really what I want!

One other answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jul 12 '12, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That's working as designed.  In the RTC client, a workspace is marked as loaded only if it was loaded by that particular RTC client.  The RTC client doesn't know that the workspace was loaded by some other client (such as an RTC client on another machine or, as in your case, the SCM command-line tool).  Information about workspaces that have been loaded is kept locally in the client; it is not stored on the server.  So a client can't easily know about a client being loaded elsewhere.

-- David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

Comments
Wei Huang commented Jul 12 '12, 11:46 a.m. | edited Jul 12 '12, 11:50 a.m.

Thanks for the info, David.

Is that to say, if the local workspace is created via the scm load command, we have to use scm command-line to check-in/deliver/accept/... on the workspace, and scm command-line is the only way in this case.

David Olsen commented Jul 12 '12, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes. If you use SCM command-line to load a workspace, you should use SCM command-line to check in any changes made to that sandbox. You can still use the RTC client to accept and deliver (since those changes to the repository workspace happen on the server), though you will have to refresh the sandbox using the command-line. If you plan to use the RTC client for your daily work, you should use the RTC client to load the workspace in the first place.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.