It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the custom Workitem Name and Category?

Muthukumar C (32712833) | asked Jul 12 '12, 1:02 a.m.
Hi,

I know that there are method like WI.getid() and WI.getWorkItemType() etc to get the informations about the work items.

But I want to get the workitems name and Category of the WIs (Which we are providing when creating our custom work items)

Any API is there?

Thanks
Muthu

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 16 '12, 7:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Muthukumar,

you get only the identifyer of the work item type. To get more details on the type itself you need to get the work item type and look at its data. This pattern is very common in the API.

IWorkItemCommon wCommon=getService(IWorkItemCommon.class);
        wCommon.findWorkItemType(projectArea, workItem.getWorkItemType(), monitor);
        workItemType.getCategory();
        workItemType.getAliases();

Muthukumar C selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 14 '12, 8:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 14 '12, 8:15 a.m.
Hi, I am not sure I understand the question.
Here some forum posts that show some areas of the work item API: http://www.google.com/search?q=customString+site%3Ajazz.net&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 16 '12, 7:07 a.m.
Ralph,

I want to get the detail which we will provide during the new CUSTOM WORK ITEM ADD

Process Configuration --> Configuration Data --> Work Items --> Types and Attributes --> Click on any Work Item type.

There will be three columns Name, ID and Category.

workitem.getWorkitemType() method will return the ID. But I want to get the Name and Category through Java API

NOTE : I am using Server side plug-in

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 16 '12, 7:39 a.m.
Great!!! It works

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.