It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 4 - requirements linking to test plan. Is collection needed?

Randall Siebert (1155) | asked Jul 11 '12, 10:14 a.m.

I am working with RQM 4 in sandbox01. I created two requiremetns in RRC and tried to link them to a test plan. But I was only able to do this if I first created a requirements collection in RRC.

I wanted to link each requirement to a different test case. But I find no way to do this since I only have a link to the collection.

In the future we will be using DOORS for our requirements, not RRC. We have no choice about this since our product requiremetns are in DOORS.

I know that sandbox functionality may be limited, but can someone explain how this will work in the long run with RQM 4 and DOORS 9.4.

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 11 '12, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Randal,
First let me tell you that RQM v4.0 integrates with DOORS v9.4 using OSLC integration which makes this integration as robust as with RRC
Se DOORS 9.4 and Rational Quality Manager 4.0 OSLC V2 integration for more details

As far linking is concerned, concept is that you link Requirement collection to Test Plan in RQM. Once you do this then you would like to link individual requirement in Requirement collection to corresponding Test case within Test Plan.
When you use DOORS same concept will follow. Link DOORS Module with Test plan and then link DOORS requirement in that module to Testcases of Test Plan.

permanent link
frederick carter (451217) | answered Jun 19 '13, 1:06 p.m.
Pramod et al:
in RQM2,   we can add a collection to an rqm test plan ,  but cant seem to add requirements (from rrc ) to the requirements section of a test plan.   whats up with that ? any thoughts on how to accomplish this?.

now having said that , we can link requirements to a specific test case ,  but RQM requires us to navigate through the linked RRC folder structure to find the requirements.  I was expecting rqm to allow us to navigate within the linked requirement collection instead.  whats up with that? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.