It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding multiple approvers to an approval item

VK L (8177154159) | asked Jul 11 '12, 3:38 a.m.
Hi All,
          How to add multiple approvers to an approval item programatically? createApproval method allows only 1 contributor handle. How to add multiple approvers?

My code is :

IContributorService IConService = getService(IContributorService.class);
             IContributorHandle user = IConService.fetchContributorByUserId("ccm_user");
            IApprovals approvals= sourceworkItem.getApprovals();
            IApprovalDescriptor descriptor= approvals.createDescriptor(WorkItemApprovals.APPROVAL_TYPE.getIdentifier(), "Lead Developer Approval");

IApproval approval= approvals.createApproval(descriptor, user);
                                             approvals.add(approval);

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Jul 27 '12, 1:57 a.m.
Make sure you have imported the appropriate package in your code - if its an error while you debug...If its during runtime, then check your ccm.log file to get details.

permanent link
Nicolás Rodríguez (3142125) | answered Jul 26 '12, 6:13 p.m.
 Hi

I am getting an error when I use the line:

IContributorService IConService = getService(IContributorService.class); 

the exception says: the service cant be found,Do you know why this can be happenning ?

I am using this line in a class that extends from AbstractService and implements IOperationParticipant

Comments
David Olsen commented Jul 26 '12, 7:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a new issue that is not directly related to the original question. It should be converted to be its own question.

permanent link
Luan Doan-Minh (2423) | answered Jul 13 '12, 1:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't seen a method to add multiple contributors to an approval.

What will work though, is to create a new approval for each contributor but with the same descriptor.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.