It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to roll back (remove) delivered change sets in RTC?

S Lin ((suspended)) | asked Jul 10 '12, 7:31 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:09 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I accidentally delivered some unnecessary files to RTC through one change set.  Then I deleted those files from the Web interface to fix the first mistake (created a couple of change sets), which I probably should not have done.

Is there a way to roll back (remove) those change sets from RTC?  I read this http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_reversing_change_set.html.  But I can't see the change sets after "deliver" in Pending Change view, so I am not sure how I can create a reverse change set.  One of my co-workers accepted all the changes and "discard" the changes and didn't work (seems the order matters???).

Is there a way to remove the change sets from the Incoming folder in Pending Change dialog? The simplest way to solve the problem is that my co-workers just ignore those change sets, but we don't seem to see that option.

Any suggestion?  Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jul 10 '12, 8:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 10 '12, 8:20 p.m.
There are at least two options:

1. You can reverse the change set, as you mention. One way to do this from the Eclipse client is:
  a. Right click on the owning component in the Pending Changes view and select Show->History. The change set will appear in the History view.
  b. Right click on the change set and choose Reverse. This will create a new change set which is the reverse of the original.
  c. Deliver this new change set.

2. Alternatively, you can really remove the change set from the stream you delivered it to. You can do this by discarding the change set from your local workspace and then replacing the content of the stream with the content of your workspace for the particular component that's affected. This is a more risky solution, because it *really* replaces the content of the stream with whatever you have in your workspace...  it will remove anything in the stream that you don't have in your workspace. To do this:
  a. Accept any incoming changes from the stream you are working with (to prevent losing anyone else's work).
  b. Right click on the owning component in the Pending Changes view and select Show->History. The change set will appear in the History view.
  c. Right click on the change set and choose Discard... This will discard the change set from your workspace. So your workspace should now have all change from the stream *except* the one you want to remove. You can verify this by checking that your bad change set is the only thing you see Incoming.
  d. Right click on the component and choose "Replace in [your stream name]..."

Hope this helps.
Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Evan Hughes commented Jul 11 '12, 4:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@banyan Method (2) will remove the change set from your co-workers Incoming Changes folder if they haven't accepted it yet. If they have accepted your change, it will be shown as outgoing.

Method (1) is the way to go unless you're really embarrassed. ;)

Stefano Antoniazzi commented Jul 12 '12, 6:17 a.m.

Pay attention that Method(1) is only for text (ASCII) files...

One other answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 11 '12, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is also answered in the Source Control FAQ.

https://jazz.net/library/article/126#How_do_I_remove_a_change_set_fro

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.