It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extension workshop : setting up the dev environment

Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | asked Jul 10 '12, 10:47 a.m.
Hello,

I've installed a dev environment following the instructions in the extension workshop. I developped some extensions and all is OK.

But, now, I would like to integrate this environment developpement in our official installation. We currently have an eclipse installation installed using the installation manager.
I followed these steps :
- installed SDK in a local repository
- installed the custom launcher in the eclipse dropins
- imported tests.utils and licensing fragments

It's now told (page 35) in the  workshop that we need to import com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature. I'm not able to find it in my installation, neither in IBMIMShared, nor in my TeamConcert folders. I was able to find it in the plain zip client installation.

Is there a way to reuse the custom launchers given with the extension  workshop ? Or what do I need to do in the launchers to use them in such a configuration ?

PS : the workshop I'm following is this one : https://jazz.net/library/article/634/

My Best Regards,

Sylvain

4 answers

permanent link
Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | answered Jul 25 '12, 5:43 a.m.
 Does anybody have faced this problem ?

permanent link
c jiang (1113) | answered Feb 28 '13, 3:28 a.m.
I have met this problem.
Anyone has solution?

Comments
Sylvain LEQUEUX commented Feb 28 '13, 3:40 a.m.

hi,

I still have this issue. No solution for now. 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 28 '13, 3:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which RTC version are you using? You have to use the version that is the build basis for this workshop.

If you are using the right build and can't find the feature, you have most likely not installed the SDK into the suggested location (you have to search in your location then), missed to uncheck the "Choose from featues in the target plaform", or did miss something else in the steps to setup the SDK and target platform.

Comments
Sylvain LEQUEUX commented Feb 28 '13, 3:55 a.m.

Hello,

I'm using RTC  3.0.1 (the one targeted by the workshop).

The feature we should add here is not from SDK but from RTC Eclipse installation (it says "C:\RTC301Dev\installs\TeamConcert\jazz\client\eclipse." in the workshop). We could find it in the plain zip installation (which is described in the workshop), but we would like to find it in the Installation Manager Repository installation. This is the official version used by my company and I would like not to use an alternative installation.

Regards,
Sylvain

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 28 '13, 4:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a plugin that is deployed in the eclipse client. If you install the eclipse client from Installation Manager to some location, you should find it too. You won't find it from the Installation Manager repository, because it is buried somewhere in a compressed file.

Keep in mind you are setting up a development environment and not just a client for any user.

permanent link
vinitha dsouza (14719119) | answered May 07 '15, 10:14 a.m.
Hi
I am facing the same issue...

Do anyone have ans for this ??

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.