It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create Artifact Type and New Requirement in Rational Quality Management 4.0 in sandbox environment ?

Chandan Jha (911014) | asked Jul 09 '12, 8:07 a.m.
edited Oct 02 '12, 11:00 p.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)

Hi,

I am trying to use the Rational Quality Management 4.0  sandbox version and  accessing QM  via  web link which i received  from Jazz.net.

If i try to create Requirement from Project dashboard it shows the folllowing error :-

ID CRRRW7321W  Artifact types are not defined in this project. Artifact types are required for creating artifacts. You can create artifact types on the administrator page. To create artifact types you must have the save type permission for the project.

How to create  artifact type and requirement.   I am using demo version of sandbox  which my user id , hence I should have admin rights to create artifact, artifact type, etc.   Please share  if any documents or help to resolve this to create the requirement.

Thanks-
Chandan

Comments
Uma venkata Lekkala commented Oct 02 '12, 8:51 p.m. | edited Oct 03 '12, 12:08 a.m.

Same issue here, wherever that ADMINISTRATOR page is that allows me to create artifact types!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Oct 02 '12, 11:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 03 '12, 12:17 a.m.
In order to create artifact types in RRC, make sure first that you have actually added yourself as a project area member with all necessary roles. By default, the Sandbox setup only makes you a project area administrator, but the "create artifact types" task requires actual project membership. 

I know, you'd think a project administrator could do this task.

Edit: I've also logged a work item against the RRC team to see if there is a usability enhancement that needs to be made here to make it more intuitive out of the box: https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=66277
Seth Packham selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered Oct 03 '12, 9:22 a.m.
Yes, You need to assign yourself with a role type having project area save permissions. Wonder how I missed this basic behavior which is the same since version 1.0 ! Being administrator allow your to assign yourself any role, but only after assigning yourself a role with defined permission can you perform certain actions. Sorry for my previous post done in hast

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 09 '12, 8:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chandan,
You must be able to create requirement, if you have also created Rational Requirement Composer project area and linked to RQM project. All this things happens out of the box. I am wondering if you selected option to just create RQM project area during setup?

Comments
KrishnaKanth Naik commented Aug 25 '12, 5:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Pramod

I have created a CLM project using the Sanbox using 4.0 apps. I get the same issue. This error ID CRRRW7321W Artifact types are not defined in this project. is halting me from using the RRC project.

RTC and RQM seems to work fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.