It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is is possible to create an RTC work item which is linked to a specific requirement or glossary entry?

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | asked Jul 03 '12, 7:18 p.m.
I am looking for a way in Composer to select a requirement or glossary term and create a work item which is linked that that composer entity.  I'm sure there must be a way but after poking around Composer for 30 minutes I am not seeing anything obvious.

3 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 16 '12, 3:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bryan,

This help topic might provide some additional guidance 

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_calm_assoc_jazz.html

specifically

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Jul 10 '12, 11:47 a.m.
Hi Brian
I'm not in front of RRC, but if I recon, you can also add links from the artifact browser view, by using the action menu. 
Erwin

Comments
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer commented Jul 12 '12, 11:43 a.m.

It was the wording that threw me off the trail. The wording is "add link to artifact" and it isn't until you get well into the flow that you see you can create a new link as well as link to existing items. A "create a work item" entry would be very helpful and possibly more clear.

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Jul 09 '12, 10:37 a.m.
edited Jul 09 '12, 10:38 a.m.

Hi Brian

It'a not realy difficult, but not obvious :-)

Select your Artifact in RRC, open Links Area, select Add Link To Artifact, select Implemented by

This will open a Dialog where you can link to an existing Work Item or create a new one.

Hope this helps

erwin

PS: there is also a way if you want to bulk link artifacts to work items  ( one - top - one)

Comments
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer commented Jul 09 '12, 11:51 a.m.

Erwin, thank you for the tip. I was hoping for some context sensitive right-mouse-click, etc but your tip is what I need to accomplish the same thing. Much obliged!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.