It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I retag my bf build so it can be correctly labeled in rtc?

Daniel martin (10122926) | asked Jul 03 '12, 12:46 p.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 1:30 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
how can we leverage the .retag capability inside a BF adaptor? I need the label in rtc to match the build tag in BF.  Currently we use the .retag as the first step, but that is too late as the build as started.

Comments
Rob Vanstone commented Feb 05 '13, 8:43 a.m.

I am having a similar issue.  I have managed to retag the build job within RAF (BuildForge) but the label of the build has already been set by the TAG parameter in the Project definition...I'll let you know if I figure it out, did you figure it out already?

One answer

permanent link
Daniel martin (10122926) | answered Feb 05 '13, 10:44 a.m.

Rob,

What we ended up doing was:

1) do a retag in our first bf step, before we call the adaptor to look for changes.

2) inside the apaptor we added a second command:

"<execute> $ANT_HOME${SWITCH}bin${SWITCH}ant -verbose -lib "$Build_Toolkit_Path" -f "$Build_Toolkit_Path${SWITCH}update_build_label.xml" -D"repositoryAddress"="$URI" -D"buildResultUUID"="$buildResultUuid" -D"userId"="$User_Name" -D"password"="$Password" -D"newBuildLabel"=BUILD_${Major}.${Minor}.${Point}.${B}</execute>
</command>"

Major,Minor.Point are properties defined in the rtc build definition, and are set by the development team.

3) We modified the old ant_helper.xml file, and created "update_build_label.xml" to contain the following:

<buildResultPublisher
        buildResultUUID="${buildResultUUID}"
        repositoryAddress="${repositoryAddress}"
        userId="${userId}"
        password="${password}"
    label="${newBuildLabel}"
         verbose="true"
         failOnError="false"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.