It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get package information from the RTC database ?

Jean Costa (111) | asked Jul 03 '12, 10:54 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 1:21 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi all,

Does any of you know how to get package's information from the Rational Team Concert database? I'm developing queries to retrieve information from the RTC database for research purposes, but so far I have only found information about files in the VERSIONABLE_QUERY table. I want to get information about which packages these files belong, so any help in this sense would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jean

Comments
Evan Hughes commented Jul 04 '12, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by 'package' and 'information'?

If you're talking about a directory under a java src/ directory, it may be easiest to run a repository and query the data using the (internal) source control APIs. If you aren't dealing with many states, you could load the remote workspace and run operations on it that way.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 03 '12, 1:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume by "package information", you are talking about Java files, and want to know what Java package a file belongs to?   If so, this is not something that is stored in the RTC SCM repository.   In general, all the RTC SCM repository knows is that the objects are files ... it doesn't try to compute/store semantic information about those files.   With the Enterprise Extensions to RTC, there are mechanisms provided to "scan" files for interesting information, and then index that information so that it can be queried ... but I don't think any of the built-in scanners look for Java Package information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.