It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does Create Iteration dialog fail to ensure unique identifier in RTC-3.0.1 ?

Mathias Heurlin (2312) | asked Jul 03 '12, 3:41 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 8:18 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Case: Creating a new Iteration in the Timelines section of the Project area configuration. Name the Identifier with a name that is already used.

a) Create iteration by right-clicking an existing Iteration and selecting Duplicate.

Result: Fails - "An iteration with that identifier already exist". OK button not enabled. All good.

b) Create a new iteration by clicking "Create Iteration".

Result: No fail. I am allowed to create another iteration with the same identifier. My Burndown chart gets mixed data.

As I support this product for approx. 800 users, it is problematic that we get error reports from users having strange data in their Burndown chart, spend time trying to figure out whether they did something wrong, only to find out that the problem is non-unique identifiers.

Is there any fix for this in later versions of RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 03 '12, 8:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is defect work item 30865, and appears to not yet be fixed. You can add a comment to that work item indicating your interest in getting it fixed (it is currently marked low priority).
Mathias Heurlin selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Mathias Heurlin (2312) | answered Jul 03 '12, 8:51 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for your speedy reply! I will remember in the future to go search Release plans for RTC product before posting here... :-)

I have made a comment on Enhancement 30865 - Create iteration action should initialize with a unique id:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=30865

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.