It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my RTC client fail to connect to the server, and then if successful, lose connection a few minutes later?

weiwei gao (111) | asked Jul 03 '12, 3:28 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 8:23 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
My RTC client often (not always) fails to connect to RTC server. Even luckily connected, it will lose connection few minutes later. However, if I access RTC server by browser, everything works fine.

BTW, I don't have any proxy setting in my RTC client. And I'm working on win7. 

Here's the error log in RTC client:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ConnectionException: CRJAZ1371E The URL "https://cdlcti.cn.ibm.com:9443/ccm/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=3.0" cannot be reached. The server cannot be reached. The network could not connect to the server. The error is "Connection timed out: connect". Contact your system administrator.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executePrimitiveRequest(ClientHttpUtil.java:1080)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:307)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:269)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:183)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.executeMethod(RestClientConnectionBase.java:297)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.doMethod(RestClientConnectionBase.java:174)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.doGet(RestClientConnectionBase.java:115)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.TeamRawRestServiceClient$RawRestClientConnection.doGet(TeamRawRestServiceClient.java:94)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:164)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:88)

The problem is driving me crazy. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 06 '12, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi WeiWei,

I haven't seen something like that. I would think this could be a network issue.
Do you have special network policies? You might have a firewall that disconnects idle connections quickly.

Have you considered to open a PMR?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 06 '12, 7:58 a.m. | edited Jul 06 '12, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can see the error above, if I have a test server that is stopped and launch a client that tries to connect it. This indicates that the server is not reachable.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.