It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I getting "CRRRA2084E: Cannot log onto the report server" errors when trying to upgrade RRDI from 1.0.2 to 2.0 ?

Hongwu Wang (1836) | asked Jul 02 '12, 8:20 p.m.
edited Jul 02 '12, 9:34 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi,

When following the instruction to upgrade RRDI from 1.0.2 to 2.0, during setup step 4, after providing:
Step 2:Restore Jazz namespace configuration 

give the correct backup jazzns_config.xml file, click "veridate and restore",getting this error:

Verification or restoration of server settings resulted in errors.
hide details
CRRRA0143E: Unable to log on to Jazz Team Server. Ensure that the server is started and the user ID and password are valid.

But when using the same URL and User ID and password in the web browser, like IE or Firefox, there's no problem to log into the Jazz Team Server. So why the installation script can not log on to the server?

If select
"
"

it's possible to by pass the check and go to the next step. But in step 6, when click "Deploy" and in the last stage:
Wait for the report server to initialize and set the Rational Reporting style

get this log on error again, and cannot pass the step to finish the setup:

loymentService  - CRRRA2039I: Log onto the report server.
CRRRA3002I: Waiting for the report server to respond...
CRRRA3009E: Unable to log on to the report server with the specified namespace I
D, user ID and password.
01:58:39,244 [http-bio-10443-exec-15] ERROR onal.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosTo
WASStepService  - com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerExcept
ion: CRRRA2084E: Cannot log onto the report server.
01:58:39,244 [http-bio-10443-exec-15] ERROR onal.rrdi.setup.steps.DeployCognosTo
WASStepService  - com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerExcept
ion: CRRRA2084E: Cannot log onto the report server.

So what's the problem? Is it possible to trace the problem?

Comments
Noriyuki Egi commented Jul 04 '12, 5:07 a.m.

I've got the same error when I tried to install simply RRDI2.0, not upgrade...

7 answers

permanent link
YOGESH LOKHANDE (10441927) | answered Jul 19 '12, 6:54 a.m.
 me to

permanent link
YOGESH LOKHANDE (10441927) | answered Jul 19 '12, 6:55 a.m.
also create jazznamespace in cognos configuration....

permanent link
Zachary Demers (20137) | answered Jan 30 '13, 6:21 p.m.
Try increasing the timeout on the server.
<RRDI installation directory>/setup/tool/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/rrdi/rrdi.properties
And changed:
"com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.cognosInitializeWaitTime=600"
to
"com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.cognosInitializeWaitTime=1200"

permanent link
ABDOULAYE SAMBA (11) | answered Mar 15 '13, 10:31 a.m.
 Thanks a lot Zachary Demers .

The error is now a warning and I could go on.

permanent link
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | answered Mar 19 '13, 7:55 a.m.
 Hi,
I also have the same problem
error: com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2084E: Cannot log onto the report server
it shows the message like: Waiting for the report server to respond... continuously on console
i have increased the time out on the server  to 1200 but the error remains same.

I have tried with the following configurations

RI 1.1.1.1
WAS 8.0.0.5 also tested with WAS 8.5/WAS 6.1.0.0
DB2 9.7  also tested with MS SQL Server Enterprise 2008

Error Snap:

Thanks 

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Apr 06 '13, 1:56 p.m.
edited Apr 06 '13, 2:06 p.m.
Same problem here in Step 2:Restore Jazz namespace configuration.

CRRRA0143E: Unable to log on to Jazz Team Server. Ensure that the server is started and the user ID and password are valid.

Same problem even after changing the "com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.cognosInitializeWaitTime" to 1200.

Jazz server is connected to AD. Problem occurs even when connecting RRDI SetUp JTS is connected to local tomcat user registry. same when connected to AD.
AD connection with Setup server JTS is verified. AD users are visible in /jts/admin --> Users --> Import Users.

Problem 2:
RRDI Setup Server's JTS was initially configured with express setting to use tomcat LDAP. JTS setup was run  later to change the LDAP to AD. Even after this change, member of JazzAdmins AD group is not able to login rrdi/setup. Only the user who was created at the time of tomcat LDAP is able to login. Is this problem related to the former ?

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Jun 21 '13, 4:13 a.m.
I had the same problem and noticed that the user you use for validating must be administrative member of both jazz server. The temporary server of the RRDI setup and the productive jazz server.

Greetings,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.