It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Life cycle automatic generated mails

iRAM Administrator (3152156135) | asked Jul 02 '12, 10:33 a.m.
Hi,
If we have a life cycle defined in a community. We noticed that the lifecycle automatically generate email notifications to the asset submitter, and these emails are out of our control. Is there a way to turn off the life cycle automatically generated emails? or even can it be modified. 

Let me give you a more specific example:
An asset submitter will receive email whenever there's a state change, also whenever a reviewer approves or rejects the asset. We think emails are sent whenever there's a state change is sufficient, it's not necessary to send email whenever a reviewer approves or rejects the asset. These emails all have title starting with "[Lifecycle]".

Is this kind of configuration can be done?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 02 '12, 12:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Each individual user can make that decision.  On their user page they can decide what they are interested in. If they aren't interested they can turn it off. It shouldn't be up to some administrator to unilaterally decide what the user is interested in seeing.

Note: After stating all of that. There is a way for the administrator to configure the defaults for users (which users can then individually override if they wish). This is on the configuration page.

(RAM 7.5.1.1 only)

permanent link
iRAM Administrator (3152156135) | answered Jul 03 '12, 10:35 a.m.
Hi Richard,

Thank you for fast response. I tried to search in iRAM help for such feature but I couldn't locate it. Would you please tell me where can I find user page? that I can use to configure mail options?

Thank you.

Comments
Rich Kulp commented Jul 03 '12, 11:44 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

User page is the standard User page. A user goes to his dashboard and select's edit so that he can customize his settings.

Gili Mendel commented Jul 13 '12, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rich, I think the question is for the repo admin. to configure the initial defaults ... this is on the button of the Administration->Configuration page

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.