It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where should I look for log output from server deployed code?

Ananya Joisa (4552124) | asked Jul 02 '12, 5:04 a.m.
edited Jul 06 '12, 7:50 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi,

I have deployed my code from my RTC client to a remote server but I don't see the output of the print statements in the console of the client. Will the output be logged in the server as the code is running from the server? Where should I look in the server?

Please guide.

Thanks,
Ananya

3 answers

permanent link
Craig Chaney (9212) | answered Jul 02 '12, 6:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you're writing to stdout, the file that contains your output depends on which server you're using.  For Tomcat, look in server/tomcat/logs/catalina.out.  (On Windows, the filename contains a date.)

For WebSphere Application Server, look in WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/SystemOut.log.  The directory name might be different if you're using a non-default profile name or server name.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 02 '12, 7:54 a.m.
Since it is Server deployed code,

Tomcat's console screen will have the output of System.out.println statements which is written in server code.

Regards
Muthukumar.C

permanent link
Ananya Joisa (4552124) | answered Jul 06 '12, 6:58 a.m.
Thanks for replying.

I could locate catalina.out. Even though I have deployed the server, in the log folder, catalina.date.log is not getting updated for the date the build was run and catalina.out has a list of Registry errors. Why would that happen even after deploying? Any idea?

Thanks,
Ananya

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.