It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web UI and Client mismatch in BIRT report (bar chart with drill-in links)

Qi Li (1351718) | asked Jun 29 '12, 7:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Recently, we deployed a BIRT report "Work Item Count by Age" (a bar chart) on jazzdev.

It seems the web UI and Client has some mismatch in the drill-in link display. The client works well as expected, but the web UI's drill-in link seems mixed up: 
  •        1.  It is hard to locate the cursor (palm icon) on the bars, most of the time, the palm icon only appears to allow drill-in at the beginning part of the bar.
  •         2. The displayed information (toolkit text) when mouse hovering is incorrect. 

• Client doesn't have such two problems at all.

Do you encounter a similar problem when deploying a bar chart with drill-in links? Let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Qi  Li   

Comments
Qi Li commented Jun 29 '12, 7:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

deployed "Work Item Count by Age" is in the project "Rational Team Concert"

One answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jul 04 '12, 2:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you say "client" do you mean the rich client? 

I'm not able to run that report properly - I see an empty space where the chart should be (although I do see the date stamp at the bottom so it's clear that it actually ran - i just can't see it). Perhaps the chart type isn't set to PNG? (I think SVG is the default, which doesn't work so well).

james

Comments
Qi Li commented Jul 04 '12, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,

Yes, client means "rich client"

when you set the parameters (team area, tag, type), can you set tag blank? (I realized if tag is selected, it won't generate the chart, I will work on this later).Let me know if you still can't see the chart. Thanks!

Qi Li

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.