It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

State of duplicated workitem frozen

Stefan Schmelz (471719) | asked Jun 29 '12, 3:38 a.m.

Hi all,

we are creating defects from test activities.

To be able to identify duplicates, we have created the status "DUPLICATE" in our workflow, plus we create a link to the duplicate. Previously we were using RQM 2.0.1.1, now we switched to 3.0.1.3 and observe:

1. I have defect A in the state OPEN

2. I have defect B, which I identify as duplicate of defect A.

3. I change state on B to DUPLICATE and after saving, create the link "duplicate of" on B to A.

4. On clicking safe after adding the link, the status of B switches to OPEN. This status now cannot be changed any more.

My expectation would be that B remains in the status DUPLICATED.

Have you seen that and is there any way to influence that behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 29 '12, 12:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stefan,

the out of the box behavior for both RQM 3.0.1 and RQM 4.0 (i.e. RTC 3.0.1 and RTC 4.0) is different. I tried adding a "Duplicate Of" link to a defect and saved. The defect moved to "resolved - duplicated" state. The state of the duplicated defect could afterwards still be changed.

In conclusion the differing behaviour you observe must be due to the differences in workflow / states / actions. In your RTC process configuration what is the "resolved" action for the defect workflow? What is the target state for this action? Are there any transitions possible from that state?

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.