It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Browsing reports leads to error: 'Unable to communicate...'

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Jun 28 '12, 3:27 p.m.
edited Jan 29 '15, 12:22 p.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
We setup RRDI to work with our Jazz Repositories.  I can access Cognos through our RQM project and I created a custom report in RRDI.  When I go to RQM and View Reports, then click on the + sign to import a custom report, then click Browse, I get this error msg popup:

Unable to communicate with the Rational Reporting Server.

I can't find any info online as to what's causing this.  Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jul 03 '12, 4:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

I have not seen that error/info before but I don't work in the area of communication between JTS and RRDI or have much/anything to do with security so that doesn't mean anything.  Perhaps reposting with tags around security, websphere, etc would find someone with knowledge in that area.

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jul 03 '12, 1:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

There are a number of potential causes for this problem.
Does the problem occur when importing into either the CCM or RQM apps?

If you look in the RQM.log file, is there any error information there?

Starting with the most basic...
Is the "Custom Reports Connection" information set correctly in the Reports area in both the RQM/Admin and JTS/Admin pages.

Is there an entry for com.ibm.rational.reporting in the "Consumers (inbound)" section of the Server area under JTS/Admin?

What server are you using, Websphere or Tomcat?

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jul 03 '12, 2:20 p.m.

Thanks Mark for the response. I did some digging in the logs yesterday. We have RRDI installed on a separate machine from JTS/CCM/RQM. I noticed in the JTS log there's an error msg referencing a certificate issue with the RRDI server saying that the certificate is not trusted. I sent this info on to the team member who installed RRDI to look at.

Have you seen this before?

The certificate issued by CN=xxxxxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OU=Root Certificate, OU=xxxxxxNode02Cell, OU=RationalReportNode01, O=IBM, C=US is not trusted;

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.