It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Require a certain type of linked workitem when an item is saved in a certain state

Rachel Alderman (331518) | asked Jun 27 '12, 11:54 a.m.
edited Jun 27 '12, 11:55 a.m.
The built in defect workitem in my project forces me to provide a "duplicated by" link in the workitem in order to save it as Resolved>Duplicate.
I have a custom workitem workflow that I want to enforce the inclusion of at least one "Resolved By" link (which allows more than one reference) based on the resolution to a state being "Fixed Elsewhere"

I'm guessing this is something I can do with Preconditions on saving a workitem in the Operational Behaviour part of the Process Config, but I don't seem to be able to specify the need for a link (and a particular type of link), only a value in an attribute.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Rachel

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 28 '12, 3:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 28 '12, 4:02 a.m.
Hi,

as discussed in Enhancement Request 85841 links live in their own component, not in either of the work items they are connecting. Hence they do not show up in preconditions that target work item attributes. If you look at work item editor presentations, you will see that the link presentation in the link section is non-attribute based.

So yes, you need a precondition in the Process Config. It would probably have to be a custom written plugin on Work Item --> Save.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.