It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I get an unresolved bundle for org.selenium.java.client when trying to set up RTC 4.0 SDK with feature based launches?

Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | asked Jun 26 '12, 11:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 03 '12, 3:28 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I am currently in the process of upgrading the RTC Extension Workshop for RTC 4.0. when setting up the feature based launches I get an unresolved bundle for

org.selenium.java.client

In com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature

It is not in the SDK and not in the RTC Eclipse client but referenced in
- com.ibm.team.process.selenium.tests
- com.ibm.team.workitem.web.ui.tests

I looked around, but was not able to easily find what I need to install. Any hints?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 03 '12, 5:48 a.m.
The feature based launches work even with the unresolved dependency.
One very important item however is to set the workspace text file encoding to UTF-8. If this is not done, the server launch seems to fail.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael M. Rosario Báez commented Aug 20 '12, 2:57 p.m.

even switching to UTF-8 server fails, displaying the message:

[ERROR] 2012-08-20 14:36:59.211 - FrameworkManager: An error event has occurred involving the bundle "com.ibm.team.workitem.web.ui.tests_3.0.1.v20120430_0235 [140]".

The bundle "com.ibm.team.workitem.web.ui.tests_3.0.1.v20120430_0235 [140]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: org.selenium.java.client; bundle-version="0.0.0"

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 21 '12, 3:18 a.m.

It worked for me, or I would not have been able to upgrade the Extension Workshop. I had to set to UTF-8 very early, so that you don't get any files saved with the default format. I would suggest to check all files and switch then to UTF-8 or start all over with a fresh workspace. Others have followed the 4.0 Extensions Workshop and if they got stuck it was typically some user issue they where able to correct.

4 other answers

permanent link
Amaury Quintero (901217) | answered Sep 26 '12, 4:27 a.m.
 Hi Ralph, we are currently using Jetty with RSA 8.5 and RTCv4. I create a project for holding all the Jetty related information and works well, I can share it with you. 
Amaury

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 26 '12, 7:19 a.m.

If you are using a feature based launch and you don't see the selenium issue, please share. I have working feature based launches, they work, but they complain about the missing bundle. You can rwach me at ralph.schoon@de.ibm.com.

Amaury Quintero commented Sep 26 '12, 7:35 a.m.

I already sent to you by mail the project

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Aug 21 '12, 12:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
org.selenium.java.client is used only for testing, and contains the Selenium libraries from http://seleniumhq.org/. You can safely ignore the message about this missing bundle for now. I would be surprised if setting the text file encoding would make any difference as to whether or not this bundle was required.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 21 '12, 12:26 p.m.

No, the encoding was required for other things to work - at least for me - and is also mentioned in the SDK Wiki

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 26 '12, 11:47 a.m.
Hi Andrew,

unfortunately com.ibm.team.common.selenium.feature is nowhere to be found - at least I was not able to detect it in my plugins and features. So I can't ad the bundle and the feature based launch will show the unresolved reference.

I will open a defect, I guess.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 27 '12, 11:07 a.m.

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Jun 26 '12, 11:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Grepping around the feature.xml files in my target I find this:

com.ibm.team.repository.server.web.test.provision.jfs.feature
    requires  com.ibm.team.repository.server.web.tests.jfs.feature
         requires  com.ibm.team.common.selenium.feature
               includes org.selenium.java.client

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.