It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to allow editing an attribute (ie. Field) in the first visit to a State but hide it for any subsequent visit to the same state?

Sumant Bhattacharya (1111) | asked Jun 26 '12, 2:15 a.m.
edited Apr 02 '13, 9:02 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Below is a scenario required in an RTC (Work Item) Workflow.
1. To reach the State="In Review By Client", the custom attribute='Date Provided to Client" (type=timestamp) is set to be mandatory.
2. Once saved the Date Provided to Client gets hidden away such that no one can ever update this field.

Is Step #2 possible?

One option is to 'hide' the attribute for all other States except when State="In Review By Client". However, this means that once the workflow returns to this state ("In Review By Client"), the field will become visible again, and also become editable.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered Jun 27 '12, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 27 '12, 4:53 p.m.
In RTC 4.0 you can have dynamic read only attributes, where an attribute cannot be modified if some condition is true. You can see how to do this in the following video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g8GHz6CxKQ. You can also read about dynamic read-only attributes here.

This does not hide the attribute, but if keeps it from being editable once it is set.

Comments
Nicolás Rodríguez commented Jul 25 '12, 11:29 a.m. | edited Jul 25 '12, 8:59 p.m.

Hi, I have installed RTC 4 and i followed the step indicated in the article, i tested it on the rtc client for eclipse and  it works, but when I tested on Firefox and Internet explorer doesnt work, do you know why this might be happening?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 02 '13, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Nicolas,

I have seen a similar effect with a colleague, where the Eclipse client had a different behavior than the web UI in a similar context. This might be a know defect. Feel free to file a defect here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.