It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieve only Active Users from the RTC,RRC, RQM Instances using OSLC

Akshansh Khare (5678) | asked Jun 26 '12, 2:09 a.m.

Hi Community,

We are building a Dot Net application that uses OSLC to retrieve data from the RTC,RRC, RQM Instances.
We need the count of Active user from the instances,

We used the query <instancelink>/oslc/users,
But when we query this link the XML Response contains all the users i.e. Active and Archieved, we only need the count of Active users,
Can anyone suggest how to achieve this ?

Thanks
Akki

3 answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Jun 27 '12, 10:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think that you're going to be able to do it with that feed.  The OSLC feeds support queries but usually only the fields that are in the feed.  I don't see a field for archived so I don't believe filtering on it would be supported.

RQM's API (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi) has a contributor feed that filters out the archived users by default.  You might want to look into using that.

permanent link
Akshansh Khare (5678) | answered Jun 27 '12, 12:02 p.m.
Is there any other option or URL from where I can get the filter the active members in an Instance ?

permanent link
Robert Elves (10234) | answered Aug 22 '12, 10:53 p.m.
August 22, 2012

Bump. How do we get the list of Users and their corresponding URIs when using the 4.0 apis (RRC)?

Comments
Seth Packham commented Aug 23 '12, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Robert, a bump may not be effective if a question already has answers on it, and your bump will make the question look like it has received yet another answer. You might want to ask a new question or use the comment mechanism on questions that haven't yet been answered.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 23 '12, 10:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

And a "bump" answer on a question that has no answers is even worse, since the "bump" makes it look like there is an answer to the question (so queries for "questions with no answers" will no longer find that question). So you are always best following the (rather logical :-) rule: Don't post something as an "answer" if it is not an "answer" ... post it as a comment.

Robert Elves commented Aug 24 '12, 11:39 a.m.

Yes, my bad. I clicked the wrong link for my text to become a 'comment' vs an 'answer' it appears. Re-asked my question here:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/85932/what-is-the-oslc-endpoint-for-retrieving-valid-users-and-their-uris-etc-in-rrc

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.