It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Build for IBM i lose mapping if a new i Project added in the latest changesets

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Jun 25 '12, 12:55 p.m.
retagged Jun 26 '12, 3:07 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hi, 

If one new i Project added in the latest change sets, the RTC build for IBM i will fail of losing i Mapping. 
One way is to manual set the i Mapping, then choose load changes since snapshot. 
So if new i Projects added, the build will absolutely fail. And then the build engineer should manual set the mapping, then search the last snapshot, to run the build again. If successful, should remember to change back to load the latest changes for build definition.

Any other best practice for such case?

I hope there is a default load/obj library with i Project build specification. But seems there is not. 
So any one has other best practice to share?

Thanks!

Comments
Arne Bister commented Jun 25 '12, 2:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

are you using RTC 3.0.1 or are you using the new Dependency Build for IBM i in RTC 4.0 ?

• Arne

Jia Jia Li commented Jun 26 '12, 1:47 a.m.

I used RTC 3.0.1, use RTC Build Specification for IBM i, but not use Dependency Build. Just use the build to load source code to IBM i. The ant xml is blank.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Jun 26 '12, 8:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This question refers to the IBM i Build Specification build.  With that when you deliver new projects they don't show up in the IBM i Build Specification build definition till after they have been loaded into the dedicated build repository workspace, so your very first build will fail as no mapping has been found.  You then go back to your build definition, add the mapping for the new project, and run a build since the snapshot before the build you just ran.

In the new IBM i Dependency build (V4.0) the mapping of projects to libraries is done based on setting Library System Definitions on the actual IBM i Project, so your builds won't fail the first time.  Assuming you have set the Library mappings appropriately on the new IBM i project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.