It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I restart a broken "Money that Matters" installation?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Jun 25 '12, 12:37 p.m.
edited Jun 25 '12, 12:39 p.m.
I have just installed CLM2012 (4.0) on my development environment. After all was up and running, I went into the Lifycycle Admin and there I started the Installation of the Sample "Money that Matters".

First all looked good. The different installation steps where running. But shortly before the end, it stopped with an error. The error message told me, I have forgotten to assign appropriate licenses for my admin account, where I run the Sample installation. (YES, I know. It's written (very small) in the text, that this should be done at the beginning.)

I went into the user admin, assigned the licenses and back to Lifecycle management.

There I restarted the setup. BUT: Now it complains, "there is already a project available with the same name".

I archived now all the projects in CCM, RM, QM and deleted the one in LPA. But I can still not re-run the installation.

Has anyone an idea what to do to continue the last few steps (e.g. dashboard creations, sample artifacts etc.) of the aborted installation? Or how can I delete the whole stuff without delete the whole DB and start from scratch?

BTW: Such a issue should be checked in the pre-check phase of the installation.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jun 25 '12, 12:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I usually go through each application and rename the project and then archive them and finally rename and archive the lifecycle project. I don't know if the rename is required but it has never failed doing it that way.
Guido Schneider selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Jul 01 '12, 1:50 p.m.

This works. Only point is, the Lifecycle Project itself cannot be renamed but deleted.

One other answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 25 '12, 12:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Guido,

You have archived the projects in the applications (CCM, RM, QM), but they still exist.

Open each of the projects and rename it, then save.  Once you have renamed all of the projects, try to run the Money that Matters creation again.

Martha
Jazz L3 Developer

Comments
Arne Bister commented Jun 25 '12, 2:09 p.m. | edited Jun 25 '12, 2:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

While this works, Guido still has a very valid point here. The pre-check phase of sample project installation should ensure that the user running setup has all necessary licenses.

• Arne

David Murray commented Jun 25 '12, 2:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Arne,

An enhancement work item similar to your request exists: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/168928.

It's complicated because it isn't easy for LPA to know which CALs are required, as different combinations would be valid, and the identifiers of licenses could change as applications are upgraded. For now, we at least warn the user to ensure that licenses are assigned twice before the sample is created: once on the Samples page and once on the confirmation dialog.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.