It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use RTC Build to Load the special snapshot

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Jun 25 '12, 12:06 p.m.
retagged Jun 26 '12, 11:44 a.m. by Kevin Doyle (60425)
The load option in Build Definition Jazz Source Control has 3 choices:
- load latest changes
- load changes since snapshot :
- load all workspace contents

My requirement is:
In the stream has snapshot1, the source code version build workspace is equal stream, no output, no input.
Dev A deliver some change sets to stream, then make snapshot2
Dev B deliver some change sets to stream, then make snapshot3

How can I config, if I only want to load the change sets between snapshot2 and snapshot1 and then compile?

If I choose load the latest changes, I think the build workspace will be the same as snapshot3.
If I chosse load changes since snapshot, what snapshot I should choose? I think what ever I choose, the build workspace also will be the same as snapshot 3
If I choose load all workspace contents, the build workspace contents are now snapshot1. The build is one special user, not the really dev or some one.

One more reqirement, I only want to load the change sets between snapshot2 and snapshot1.
If I log in as build user to accept or replace the build workspace snapshot to snapshot2, and then choose load all workspace contents, more file and more time will be consume.
So I only want load the change contents in change sets.

Thanks!

Comments
Kevin Doyle commented Jun 26 '12, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is for the IBM i Build Specification Build Definition.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Jun 26 '12, 12:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In your scenario if you used load latest changes it would load everything since snapshot 1 and at the end of the build would then contain everything from snapshot 3.

Snapshot loading loads everything since a snapshot.  If you specify snapshot 2 it will load everything delivered since snapshot 2.  In this case this would load Dev B's changes.

Load all workspace contents doesn't care about snapshots as what it will do is accept all incoming changes to the dedicated build workspace and then load all the contents to the IBM i.

Note:  Regardless of which option you choose the first step is to accept all incoming changes to the dedicated build repository workspace.  It is also not recommended to touch the dedicated build repository workspace after it has been created.

Your scenario of wanting to load only the changes between snapshot 1 and snapshot 2 is not supported by the above options.  If this is something you require you should open an Enhancement request. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.