It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Failed to move task in Plan (Web UI)

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Jun 25 '12, 9:23 a.m.
Hello,

I've created new project area in RTC V4 using"Formal Project Management" template. Trying to edit release plan in web UI. I failed to move task: Move Above, Move Below, Move into, Promote, Demote commands are disabled in work item menu. I failed to drag task and drop it into new place.

I have Project Manager and Developer roles assigned.

Any ideas?

4 answers

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Dec 20 '13, 9:26 a.m.
Hi Vishnu,

I am now able to do it by dragging the items but Menu options are still disabled. That must be a bug.
And also if we import the project from MSProject file, this Sorting options must be enabled automatically. It confuses the user so much :)

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Dec 20 '13, 4:18 a.m.
I do have the same problem. I created my project are from SCRUM template.
As far as I understand from posts above that moving is not working with Formal/Traditional Projects.

Which one supports this functionality?

All my plans are in an disorderly manner.

Comments
vishnudharan manivannan commented Dec 20 '13, 6:08 a.m.

Hello Canberk,

Have you tried to change the 'Sorting' option in the plan to User defined. You should be able to move your work items above & below then. This works in Formal Template as well.

Thanks
Vishnu M 

permanent link
Timur Markunin (6495165145) | answered Jul 04 '12, 3:04 a.m.
Hi Aradhya!

It seems that it depends on view option. I could move work items if Gant chart is not displayed.

Concerning predecessor/successor relationship. I have imported my plan from MS Project xml-file and the order of tasks has changed during import so I just wanted to reorder tasks as in primary (MS Project) plan.

-Timur

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jun 26 '12, 6:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The promote and demote are used to rank the work items in the plan.
Usually we rank the work items in the Agile projects. This option is not for the Formal/traditional projects,
Traditional Plans do not support drag drop / move of items, as the order of scheduling is driven by schedule predecessor/successor relationship, ranking, constraints, etc

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.