It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Allow users to slide columns over (quickly) and to SAVE their preferred settings.

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Jun 22 '12, 12:05 p.m.
edited Jun 22 '12, 7:19 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
This question and related comments apply to RQM.  PLEASE fix the clunky, outdated method that users have to go through in order to resize the columns that are displayed on a screeen.  Also, please allow users to SAVE their preferred settings.  I have been using RQM, RPT, RFT and RFT for the better part of 3 years.  IBM loves to SAY that they listen to their customers when in actuality, few changes, if any, that I care about have ever been made.  As far as I know, no other software in the market today makes users change the display settings the way that Rational does.  For the record, I am using RQM 3.0.1.2

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 22 '12, 7:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe this does not relate to Rational Team Concert, so I deleted the rational-team-concert tag.

2 answers

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Jun 22 '12, 12:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I don't see a question here, so it sounds like an enhancement request. You can open enhancement requests directly against the RQM development team here:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 22 '12, 12:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 22 '12, 1:14 p.m.
Hi Drew
RQM 4.0 answers your concern,

1. Quick show/hide columns control
        1.1 Now you can quickly make any hidden column visible or hide visible column on the fly directly from the menu in column header. You don't need to open display setting dialog for just this purpose as used to do in earlier releases

2. Resize column width in tables simply by dragging the column dividers
        2.1 Yes, now it is very easy to adjust the width of a column, all you need to do is drag the column dividers, similar to how you can do e.g. in Microsoft Excel.

Comments
Drew Cobb commented Jun 22 '12, 1:00 p.m.

These items that have been pasted in for me to read (1.1 Quck show/hide columns control) and (1.2 Resize column width in tables simply by dragging the column dividers): How do I access these topics? I can't click on them so how do I access these topics?

Seth Packham commented Jun 22 '12, 1:02 p.m. | edited Jun 22 '12, 1:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It looks like there was some formatting errors when @pchandor pasted. I'm not sure if he intended to make them links.

Pramod Chandoria commented Jun 22 '12, 1:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.