It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why is RTC build replacing my build.xml with a generated build.xml?

Craig Allen (1111) | asked Jun 22 '12, 9:10 a.m.
We are RTC noobs and we are trying to get our build engine to work correctly.  Our project has a build.xml in the repository, but the build engine does not seem to be using it.  Instead, it looks like it is generating a build.xml and using that one - and it fails because of references to .apt_generated folder, which does not exist in the repository.
How do we make the builds use our build.xml?

One answer

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Jun 22 '12, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is hard to say what might be going on here, as far as I'm aware, the build engine itself does not generate build.xml files.  You point it at an ant  script to run that gets loaded from your workspace.

If your build engine is set up to use <a href="http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?nav=%2F4_2_0">Eclipse PDE/Build</a>, then PDE does generate build.xml files.  This is controlled by a <tt>build.properties</tt> file in the root of  your project.  If you want to use your own build.xml instead of the one generated by PDE/Build, then you should specify <tt>custom=true</tt> in the build.properties file.  If you don't have a build.properties file, then I don't think it would be PDE/Build that is doing this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.