It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does a clicking the bar for New work items in a Dashboard query show work items with non-New states?

Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | asked Jun 22 '12, 8:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 22 '12, 7:25 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Using RTC 3.0.1.3: I created a shared query to query all the work items in the DB which are not in rejected or closed state.
This query has been used in a widget on the dashboard to display the WI's in the form of Bar chart according to their states.

The query does run fine, however when I click on the bar for 'New' WI's the list has not only WI's with state 'New' but with other states as well.

This behavioral difference is seen only with WI's with state 'New' .

Is this a bug?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 22 '12, 7:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I modified the subject line so that it is phrased in the form of a question, and added a "tech-note" tag, indicating this is a tech note posting, rather than an open question.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 22 '12, 8:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
yes - this issue was identified on jazz.net as defect 205728 which was fixed in RTC 4.0 GA

Comments
Arne Bister commented Jun 22 '12, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cool ... two more up votes for this answer and you get the "Self-learner" badge :-) Nice way to put technotes into the forum --> share knowledge. Thanks! - Arne

Eric Jodet commented Jun 22 '12, 9:02 a.m. | edited Jun 22 '12, 5:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

my pleasure

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.