It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not display the project data in RRDI Query Studio

Hehui Liu (7052830) | asked Jun 21 '12, 11:18 a.m.
I am using RRDI to customize one report about work item, but in the Query Studio, when I add the project->project under request metric table, the report shows "no available data"; when I add other dimension, for example, category, the report could shows the correct data. In fact, there should have dimension data for project. Could any one kindly tell me how can I make the data in project->project display? Thanks a lot! This is very urgent for I am coming the deadline to develop the report.

7 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Jun 21 '12, 11:52 a.m.
Hi Hehui,
                 The problem could be that the particular table doesnt contain data. Check for project details in other tables as well. 

1 more useful thing would be to check your insight jobs - whether its running properly updating items...If nothing works, try running the full etl jobs once - then schedule incremental job on a daily basis.

Thanks.

permanent link
Hehui Liu (7052830) | answered Jun 21 '12, 9:53 p.m.
Valli, thanks a lot!
But in fact, we really already have run the full etl jobs and there should have data in project since we already have several project areas in RTC. More important, other dimensions
in the request metrics table contains data, so it seems that work item data should have been extracted into the DW.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Jun 22 '12, 2:07 a.m.
Ok. So, are you saying that the whle Request metrics dimension does not contain data (or) any particular subset that you are looking for does not contain?

Thanks.

permanent link
Hehui Liu (7052830) | answered Jun 22 '12, 4:39 a.m.
Only the project subset does not contain data, other metrics dimension, for example, the category, contains data.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Jun 22 '12, 7:20 a.m.
Hi,
      Just run a report displaying all important root and sub-category values in the Request metrics dimension. This will give you a clear picture of the workitem data that is available. Then cross-check against RTC Query outputs.
For eg. You can verify if all the latest workitem data has got updated - WI ID for e.g.

By this way, we can come to know if its a data update problem or anything else.

Thanks.

permanent link
Hehui Liu (7052830) | answered Jun 25 '12, 11:27 p.m.
Yes, We already have run this on Request metrics dimension, but there has no data. We also have directly checked the data in data warehouse by db client, and there contains data in the data warehouse. So it is very strange for this.
BTW, our configuration are as below:
APP Server: WAS 7.0.0.21
RTC : 3.0.0.1.3
DB: oracle 11gr2 (linux 64), client version: oracle 11gr2 (linux 32)

permanent link
Hehui Liu (7052830) | answered Jun 30 '12, 4:15 a.m.
Hi, Valli, we have found the reason of our problem.
The problem here is that there have two RTC servers (using tomcat user) connect to the same data base, and both of these two servers have a same user id named as rtcadmin, so in data warehouse, there have two rtcadmins with different email address. When the report fetches data from the data warehouse, another rtcadmin which is different with the login rtcadmin is used to filter the data, so the data are filtered, and only some dimension could be displayed.
Thanks a lot!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.