It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Seeing errors logged in the ccm-etl.log file for. Which user is throwing this error? There is not user mentioned.

Der M (6121418) | asked Jun 21 '12, 6:46 a.m.

Hello world!!

I am seeing errors in my ccm-etl.log file.  I am not sure which user is throwing this error message.

Would anyone have an idea what is throwing this error message?  There are two users setup as far as I know.  etl-user and a RPTUSER.  Which of these is this would you think?

Also what is an easy method to check that my data warehouse is working correctly???

2012-05-25 00:01:24,527 [ ccm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-4] ERROR ervice.internal.common.CommonRemoteSnapshotService  - com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1404E: The user or password is invalid.
java.sql.SQLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1404E: The user or password is invalid.
 at com.ibm.rational.drivers.jdbc.xml.BaseRDSResultSet.fetchMoreData(BaseRDSResultSet.java:2098)
 at com.ibm.rational.drivers.jdbc.xml.BaseRDSResultSet.next(BaseRDSResultSet.java:1469)
 at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.XdcResultSet.next(XdcResultSet.java:139)
 at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.common.etlbuild.ProjectArea.execute(ProjectArea.java:93)
 at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.common.CommonRemoteSnapshotService.updateSnapshot(CommonRemoteSnapshotService.java:81)
 at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.etl.AbstractRemoteSnapshotService$1.run(AbstractRemoteSnapshotService.java:193)
 at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$4.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:208)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:379)
 at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.write(RemoteDatabaseService.java:198)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 21 '12, 2:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think Ralph is on the right track. (Valli: I believe this is only with respect to CLM, not Insight, so the job status isn't in the Insight jobs page).

To see the status of the jobs, go to your application's admin page and click on Reports, then select "Data Collection Jobs Status". This will give you a list of jobs and whether each one passed or failed on the last run. If it failed, then the information is in the log file as you have already located.

With respect to this specific error, the user it is talking about is the special "Data Collection Jobs" user that you configured when you ran the application setup. (I've often seen it called etl_user or dw_user). Each ETL is configured to use this username, and the associated password, when it runs. Please go to the "Data Collection Jobs" section in the Reports page in the admin page, and confirm that the username is correct for each of the jobs; re-enter the password just to ensure it's correct.

If this still doesn't work, you may have the authentication type (form/basic) set up incorrectly. In that case, go to the Admin page for CCM, go to the "Advanced Properties" section under "Application", and find the property named "XDC Authentication Type" under "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.InternalDataWarehouseService". Valid values are "Basic" and "Form" and should match the authentication type your application is configured to use.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

james

Der M selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 21 '12, 11:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would assume the user is the one that you configure for the ETL Jobs during setup and on the repots page.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Jun 21 '12, 11:58 a.m.
Hi,
     You can check the jobs status from the insight jobs page itself...and you should be able to change its configuration as well...

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.