It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

'Plan Requirements Defect Impact' - no requirements populated

Mohan K M (1111511) | asked Jun 21 '12, 3:19 a.m.
edited Jun 21 '12, 3:30 a.m.
Hi All,

I have a CLM v3.0.13 installed and project created with a collection on RM, a Test plan on QM and a sprint plan on CCM created. I can them all configured properly with an in-line editor working perfectly fine wherever appropriate.
  1. have a requirements link section QM associated with a collection properly
  2. Have couple of Test cases created with requirements associated properly for each
  3. have TERs created and executed with a failure reported and defect created on CCM
But when I try to run report, 'Plan Requirements Defect Impact' I do not see any requirements populated for me. Pls note I have executed DW jobs couple of times and do not see any issues there. Am I missing something? Any guidance/pointer in this direction would be appreciated. 

- Thanks, Mohan.

Comments
Mohan K M commented Jun 21 '12, 3:33 a.m.

Another observation I had was 'TER owner' parameter had only 'Unassigned' showed up though I have around 5 TER owners on the system already.

Not sure if we have a provision to attach images to posting to make it clear. Pls help

5 answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Jun 25 '12, 3:38 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have SQL access to the data warehouse, I would check the tables to make sure that the contributors and requirements have loaded.  Also, it sounds like you are running the jobs for all the applications, but if not, make sure that the jobs for JTS and RRM have succeeded.

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jun 25 '12, 4:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Rob mentioned, make sure you are running the:
"Run all data warehouse jobs for all applications"
action from the Reporting page under JTS/Admin.

permanent link
Mohan K M (1111511) | answered Jun 26 '12, 4:03 a.m.
Thanks Rob & Mark for the quick pointer.Looks like I have some issue with my "Requirements job"; I had seen working in the past completing in just  5 seconds; Now when I go back and see, it fails after around 5 minutes. May be it was not doing anything before and now attempting to do something. I have checked the tables as well; REQUIREMENT table under RIODS schema is empty. Can you give me a pointer to debug and fix this one. Many thanks

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Jun 26 '12, 9:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To diagnose problems like that you'd need to look at the logs.
Start with the logs with "etl" in the name such as qm-etl.log and jtl-etl.log.
Those would hopefully identify the problem.

permanent link
Mohan K M (1111511) | answered Jul 03 '12, 2:08 a.m.
Hi Rob & Mark, 
I managed to get all the reports working. I installed one more instance of Jazz server v3.0.1.3 and configured it this time with Tomcat User Database, unlike LDAP I had last time; All the reports with this local tomcat user database work perfectly fine; Looks like Am doing something wrong in  configuring the user for running the data collection jobs while setting up the jazz server. 

On the Configure Data Warehouse section of setup page it reads like below...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use the form below to specify the user information for running the data collection jobs. If the user does not exist in the Jazz Repository it will be created and have the appropriate Client Access License applied. If you are using an LDAP or external user registry this will only create the contributor in the Repository, it will need to match a user defined in your registry. If left blank, the data collection jobs will use an automatically created OAuth Consumer named 'Jazz Reporting' with a Functional User ID of 'etl_user'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Have few queries around it...
  1. It says...in case of LDAP, contributor will be created in the repository and it will need to match a user defined in LDAP registry; Am using the LDAP server setup @ corporate level to include the intranet credentials for jazz authentication. I do not have control over the corporate level setup. Can somebody help with precautions I should be taking wrt to data warehouse configuration in such cases.
  2. The last line says.. an automatically created OAuth Consumer will be used for data collection, if its left blank; Can I use LDAP for regular authentication and leave this blank to make it use the local functional userID for data collection jobs. 
  3. Can somebody help me with the guidelines, common pit falls and pre-cautions to be exercised while configuring such environment (Failed to find anything on the documentation on these lines)
Thanks & Regards,
Mohan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.