It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DW and new States

Michael Baylis (1832719) | asked Aug 21 '08, 9:35 a.m.
Hi,
We have recently added a few more Work Item types to the Project Area configuration. We have also created a new set of Work Item States. And it is brilliant!

However, there had to be, I am having problems with building report templates for the new work items.

The new "State"s do not appear to be in the STATE table, so I cannot join the STATE table with the LIVE_WORKITEM_COUNT table.

On the work item records we see "scenarioworkflow.state.s13". I worked out that we need to add the project area id + s in front of the state id. However, we don't see any of our new records in the STATE file, only the standard ones.

What am I missing. Do we need to extend the DW process to include the new states?

Cheers,

Michael

9 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 22 '08, 4:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I seems the problem is caused by code in the work items component that strips any leading "s" character from state ids.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 22 '08, 10:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you assign a state group to your new states?

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Aug 21 '08, 8:54 p.m.
i force dw snapshot updates to see the current burndown. its accessible via the web UI under the reports section.

im doing the force because our server backup routine sometimes overlap the midnight schedule. we can move it but its the only feasible downtime schedule for us since we are a globally distributed team.

ciao!

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 21 '08, 5:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a way to force a snapshot to happen immediately?

Cheers,
Geoff

rjaouani wrote:
Are you sure your server was running at midnight? If you shutdown your
server at: 23:59 and retart it at 00:01, the snapshot won't happen.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 21 '08, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you sure your server was running at midnight? If you shutdown your server at: 23:59 and retart it at 00:01, the snapshot won't happen.

permanent link
Michael Baylis (1832719) | answered Aug 21 '08, 4:50 p.m.
Not working.

We added the new states on Wednesday, tried writing the reports Thursday and the states are not in the STATE file.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 21 '08, 4:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So are you saying this is working or not working?

permanent link
Michael Baylis (1832719) | answered Aug 21 '08, 4:43 p.m.
Ah, that is what I thought, problem is we added the new states the previous day

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 21 '08, 4:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you add new states and work item types, they should be picked by the data warehouse. You do not need to do any thing.
Just wait for midnight for the new states and types to be saved in the data warehouse dimension tables.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.