It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where can I download xdc files for all CLM tools and ClearQuest?

James Roach (1834) | asked Jun 20 '12, 2:30 p.m.
Version of Insight installed: V1.1

We recently upgraded our CLM products to 3.0.1.2 from 3.0.1, and the release notes state that new .xdc files are available for the integration to Rational Insight.  In addition, we are in the process of upgrading our ClearQuest to 8.0.0.2, and I'm curious to know if there is a new CQ .xdc file that might be needed for Insight integration.

I don't know where to find these new .xdc files.  I've looked in the download section in RQM and Insight on Jazz.net, and browsed through the forum, but have found nothing.

Please help!

Thank  you,

James Roach

Accepted answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 20 '12, 3:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

Regarding the CLM products (RTC, RQM, RRC), the XDC files are available for download from within the products themselves. For RTC and RQM, go to the admin Web UI for the application, click on Reports, then click on Downloads. One of the download links should give you the XDC files for that app. For RRC, the XDC files can be found within the admin Web UI for the *JTS* (not RRC). Similarly, click on Reports then Downloads.

Regarding CQ, I will get someone from the Insight team to follow up with more information about 8.0.0.2.

james

James Roach selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Roach commented Jun 21 '12, 3:41 p.m. | edited Jun 21 '12, 3:42 p.m.

Thank you, James.

I was able to navigate to the area of the Jazz Team Server Home page and download the associated .ZIP file. When I opened the archive, I noticed only 2 files:

jfs301.xdc rrc3011.xdc

I'm surprised that I did not receive .xdc files for RTC and RQM. Are those files available somewhere else? Please advise.

Thank you,

James Roach

6 other answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 21 '12, 3:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For RTC, you need to go to the admin Web UI page for RTC. For RQM, go to the RQM admin Web UI.

Comments
James Roach commented Jun 22 '12, 10:36 a.m.

Thanks, James. We're a little green over here on the CLM/Insight interface (we had a Quickstart done to enable us with Insight), so I guess this showed a knowledge gap for us. After a little time, I did find exactly what I was looking for and know where to look in the future.

Please follow up with me on the CQ .xdc file when you hear something. I would not think that interface would change, as the CQ .xdc is designed to be fairly bare bones due to the high level of CQ schema customization in the field.

Thanks!

permanent link
li yaqiang (19423) | answered Jun 24 '12, 11:46 p.m.
CQ 8.0.0.2 .xdc file, you should ask the ClearQuest team which should supply with it.

Comments
James Roach commented Jun 25 '12, 9:24 a.m.

Dislike this answer.

permanent link
Hopeshared Lee (1121) | answered Jun 25 '12, 2:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are using Insight OOTB ETL to retrieve CQ data, then, you can use the original clearquest.xdc file.

If you are using ETL based on OSLC provided by CQ itself, you have to ask ClearQuest team.

Comments
James Roach commented Jun 25 '12, 9:24 a.m.

Thanks. That answer is helpful. We will continue to use the Insight OOTB ETL.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jun 25 '12, 10:41 a.m.
How do we ask the ClearQuest team?  What's the mechanism to use to get this data?

Comments
James Moody commented Jun 27 '12, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jackie, see Hopeshared's answer below: the classic out-of-the-box ETL for CQ is provided with Insight, and you should continue to be able to use that one. Another one based on OSLC is being developed by the CQ team and I don't have any more information on that.

permanent link
Hopeshared Lee (1121) | answered Jun 27 '12, 12:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Insight out of the box ETL will load CQ data through Insight data service.
CQ 8.x implemented OSLC reporting specification and I remember that they are developing their own ETL based on OSLC reporting specification. In this case, they should package that ETL, includes XDC files, into their product and provide information in their documents for example.

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Jun 27 '12, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello

I would like to clarify that so far,
  - ClearQuest has *not* implemented the OSLC Reporting Specs
  - ClearQuest itself has *no* implementation on using ETL based on OSLC provided by ClearQuest

For now, please use the ETL shipped with Insight to interact with ClearQuest Data.

Please feel free to submit RFE against ClearQuest for a more CQ built-in ETL solution.
(There are user stories in ClearQuest backlog on providing such capabilities).

Yuhong Yin

Dev Manager
ClearCase-CLM and ClearQuest-CLM Connectors and Integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.