It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how do we take results from a test case/script in a plan and update a sub-task in a release sub-iteration?

Robert Ducharme (93128) | asked Jun 20 '12, 12:15 p.m.

I have a release plan in RTC with 6 sub-iterations and each has sub-tasks. I also have 6 test plans in RQM with test cases. A test case may be in 1-6 test plans.  There is a development link between a test case and a sub-task.

Is there a way, when the test case executes in a test plan, to update only the sub-task in the corresponding iteration in RTC? Since it is a single test case, how does it know which iteration to update? Also if the test case passes, does it resolve the sub-task and update its time?

Or, do I need to clone the test cases and create 6 test cases - 1 for each sub-task (very ugly)?

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 21 '12, 4:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Testcase execution does not resolve task in RTC. That responsibility is of the owner of task. Resolving task often means the feature has been delivered, but it does not necessarily means feature does work as expected in the application. Test execution often follows after resolution of task and changes available in the build. A link from task to Testcase helps you identify which task are also test complete. You would not like to run a Testcase if corresponding task is not resolved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.