It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to build a manual test script from test case design

Robert Ducharme (93128) | asked Jun 20 '12, 12:09 p.m.

I know that we can build a simple test script from the test case design by entering rows of text separated by carriage returns for each test step.  How do we enter the data in the design field so that the step execution or action column is filled in and, to the right, the expected value column is also generated. Filling in the comments column would also be nice.

I know I can make an excel spreadsheet and build the scripts but this is already in the test case design section and I do not want to spend time with thousands of test cases/scripts/excel doing copy/paste

2 answers

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered Jun 21 '12, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert
There is a workitem (enhancement) in RQM for the same functionality. See
You could add your scenario there too.
Hope this helps

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 21 '12, 4:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert,
Test case design section is not designed to write manual script, In that case my advice would be to directly write manual script. Test case design text is converted to manual script steps to help out creating manual script, however it is not expected to support all scenario like creating comments, expected results etc, otherwise testcase design section itself will replace manual script. My suggestion is to use test case design to provide high level subjective description of this this test case should address. Once manual script is generated from it, it is often the case you want to add more steps and description so it tells you exactly how to run the test case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.