It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is copy of a plan still working with 3.0.1.3?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Jun 19 '12, 3:55 p.m.
retagged Jul 10 '12, 4:46 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)

Within the Eclipse client it ispossible to duplicate a plan. This was in my environment working on v.3.0.1.1.

Since 3.0.1.3 update I still can copy the plan, but as soon as I modify the team I loos eall the customizations of plan views. So the plan copy is useless.

Is this functionality working for other v3.0.1.3 users? If others also see this problem I will file a defect.

Comments
Aradhya K commented Jun 25 '12, 6:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I tried with some of the changes to the plan and duplicating on the Eclipse client and all of the changes to the plan modes (creation of new view, modifying the column layout of existing ...). All this worked fine. Can you explain what changes are you making to the plan view mode that is not getting copied to the duplicated Plan?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jun 27 '12, 11:47 a.m.
edited Jun 27 '12, 11:48 a.m.
I got a good answer in the defect for this. It may help others to understand the copy of plans and plan views:
see: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=197750

Comment 5:
The problem here is that when we are copying the plan if we change the plan type or the owner then the views from the source are not getting copied into the new plan.

The current behavior of the planning is that the Plan view modes are attached with the Plan Type and the Plan Owner.
You can check this by changing the plan type or owner of any plan (Duplicating a plan is not required).
If we change the owner or plan type then views for the plan will be different than the one from which it is copied.
The motivation for this is, each Team will have a set of views for the plans, this set might not be relevant to other teams.
If we want to share the views across then we can do so by promoting the plan view and associating it to plan modes from the project area editor than using the duplication feature.

Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jun 25 '12, 7:51 a.m.
edited Jun 25 '12, 7:52 a.m.

I can modify some plan views, add new plan views, copy plan views etc.

After this I do a DUPLICATE of the plan with the Eclipse client. I do NOT change anything like Team, Iteration, Type etc. Just duplicate.

After this I see the duplicated plan and can open it. It's a real duplicate with all my customizations in the plan views.

Then I change the Team in the plan. Either in Eclipse or in the WEB. All the plan views with my customizations  are still visible after change to an new team and define the iteration and SAVE.

BUT: As soon as I REFRESH (e.g. Browser refresh) all my customizations are gone and only the standard plan views are visible. This is the KEY.

We have now opened a PMR: https://www-946.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/readPMR.action?pmrNum=56915&branch=113&retainCountryCode=848

Support was able to reproduce on 3.0.1.3 and on 4.0.

I have also extended an open defect
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=197750

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.