It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Local filesystem is out of sync. scm load --force does not work

Dustin Cote (2844) | asked Jun 18 '12, 12:59 p.m.
retagged Jun 18 '12, 3:57 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
I'm using a local workspace on a linux 64 machine and the command line interface.  The scenario is:

scm load -f
scm accept
Problem running 'accept':
Local filesystem is out of sync. Run 'scm load' with --force option to reload the workspace.

I have also tried
scm load -f
scm repair
scm accept

I get the same error in both cases. 

I have a workaround where I can accept the changes in the eclipse client.  Once I do this, suddenly I can run normally until I make changes in the local workspace again. 

Any ideas where I can go from here?  The error message is not particularly helpful. 

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jun 18 '12, 4:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure why the --force option isn't working but there is an enhancement work item to implement a reload option if you were wondering if such a command exists.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/87814

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 19 '12, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
scm load -f should download the incremental changes and make the sandbox in sync with the remote workspace. Please raise a defect. Thanks.

Comments
Dustin Cote commented Jun 19 '12, 12:52 p.m.

I've opened defect 215282. It is marked as a major defect because of the silent failure at a critical juncture of the build process.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.