It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding multiple users to multiple Project Areas more efficiently in RTC 3.0.1

Simon Mayell (2677) | asked Jun 18 '12, 11:06 a.m.
retagged Jun 18 '12, 4:42 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
I need to add 8 users to 40 Project Areas in RTC. Is there a way I can streamline this rather than using the WEB UI to add each user individually?

One answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jun 18 '12, 4:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the web UI, it is possible to multi-select all the users, so you only have to pull up the dialog to add users once.  But it may be difficult to get all the users to show up in the list at once so you can multi-select them all.  And any roles have to be assigned one user at a time, even if you managed to add them to the project area all at once.

The Eclipse UI is somewhat better at this.  You can multi-select users, and you can select users from several different searches.  And the dialog will even remember the users you picked last time so you don't have to do a full search for the users for each project area.  When you multi-select users in the dialog, you can assign the same role to all of the users that you just added.

If you have an Eclipse client readily available, I suggest you try using that.  It is not perfectly efficient, but I think it is better for this task than the web UI.  If you don't have an Eclipse client handy, I'm not sure if it worth installing one just for this task.

--
David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.