It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Microsoft Project->Formal Process Management

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Jun 18 '12, 10:22 a.m.
All,

Does the Formal Project Management process not support "timestamp" dates for tasks and such? By this we have a Microsoft Project Plan that starts on July 6th, items that start exactly two weeks later, others that start on certain dates.

It seems when we import, items just kinda start today. I know I can put some constraint dates, but is there a better way?

thanks

Comments
Michael Prentice commented Jun 17 '13, 1:04 p.m.

We've been having this same problem in RTC 4.0.1. We've basically abandoned MS Project because of it and just entered in all the tasks to RTC. But then we still can't get them to be planned properly without setting constraints on almost every work item. The whole point of buying RTC was to enable us to have powerful and flexible planning tools. But now we are finding out that this only applies to Agile projects. Formal projects seem to be done as an after thought or second class citizen.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 20 '12, 4:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sterling,

we had other discussions about import. Someone else stated they could import as they wanted,provided they had the right columns and values in the import files. I would suggest to play with a plan in RTC, create some snapshots (planned, etc) and do an export to see which columns might be of interest.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.