It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to display State attribute as a list box in RTC

Chidambaram L (23414077) | asked Jun 15 '12, 12:31 a.m.
edited Jun 15 '12, 12:36 a.m.

Currently "Workflow State" is a non-attribute based presentation availble in the header of the Work Item editor. This displays the current State of the Work item as the first entry in the list and allowable actions as remaining entires of the list.

I dont want to see the Actions in this list. I wanted to see the States in this list. It should display possible states to which the WI can be transitioned. How do I accomplish this ?

3 answers

permanent link
Arjun Pande (3714) | answered Sep 17 '13, 2:04 a.m.

I want to display the states in subject header of the notifications mail.

i am able to display the new state such as

(${change.isCreation}) which is new state but the other states are not getting displayed.

can u help me with the syntax of displaying the states in the subject header.

workItem.state helps in displaying the state in the body of the mail but not in the subject header of the notifications mail.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 15 '12, 2:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
its not possible, Transitions are allowed only through Actions, as configured in the Workflow.

but yes, renaming will only give a visual effect that state is being displayed but its the action that would still be displayed.

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414077) | answered Jun 15 '12, 12:48 a.m.
Simple solution is to rename the actions to match with target state.

Still would like to know way to place the State attribute in the Editor.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.