It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you specify a workspace name in the requestTeamBuild ant task, or equivalent API?

Craig Laverone (022) | asked Jun 14 '12, 1:58 a.m.
retagged Jun 15 '12, 10:41 a.m. by Sean G Wilbur (87212421)
I am planning to configure our build to compile some components as sub-builds, however this approach appears to make it hard to reproduce the build with a personal build.  To make it more usable I would like to specify a workspace name when requesting a build.  I don't think this is possible from the requestTeamBuild ant task, but is there another API or CLI available?

Description of Production Build:
1. Build A starts, accepts all changes, and extracts from dedicated workspace A
2. Build A requests build B to start using dedicated workspace B.
3. Build B starts, accepts all changes, and extracts from dedicated workspace B.
3. Build A waits for build B
4. Build A completes

Note: Changes from the stream flow to workspace A and changes from workspace A flow to workspace B

I don't know how to provide this same process to users as a personal build.  The user will be able to specify a workspace for build A in the UI, but I can't figure out an easy way for them to specify a workspace for build B.  It seems like each user would need to create a new build definition for their personal build B so they could specify their workspace in their build definition.

Thanks, Craig

One answer

permanent link
Steven Zheng (21745) | answered Jun 14 '12, 5:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Check this ant task:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.build.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_requestBuild.html

Thought you could set personalBuild=yes in your ant task and pass below property to tell which workspace to use:

${team.scm.workspaceUUID}

Comments
Craig Laverone commented Jun 14 '12, 3:01 p.m.

Thanks, this works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.