It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I get the snapshot label from the team.scm.snapshotUUID?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Jun 13 '12, 9:41 a.m.
retagged Jun 15 '12, 1:31 p.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
Hi

I want is to store the snapshot created by the build into the final deployment unit, a zip file. What's the best approach to do this? BTW, is there a way to retrieve the item label from its UUID?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 15 '12, 11:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Eclipse client avoids exposing UUIDs to the user. If you're trying to find that snapshot from the build, it is a snapshot of the build workspace so it will be stored there.

For the zip, snapshots cannot be exported as zip files. You'll have to create a workspace, load the content, and zip it up.

You might want to look into automating this in the build process. Then every build you do will have a zip of what it used.

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Jun 13 '12, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 13 '12, 2:56 p.m.
I'm not sure about storing the snapshot, but regarding getting the label, snapshots are IBaselineSet objects.

First thing is to create a handle based on the UUID:
<pre>IBaselineSetHandle handle = IBaselineSet.ITEM_TYPE.createItemHandle(uuid, null);</pre>

On the client side you can use the item manager to fetch the full item:
<pre>IBaselineSet set = (IBaselineSet)workspaceConnection.teamRepository().itemManager().fetchCompleteItem(handle, IItemManager.DEFAULT, null);
set.getName()</pre>

On the server use the RepositoryItemService
<pre>
IRepositoryItemService service = OsgiServicesManager.INSTANCE.getService(IRepositoryItemService.class, null);
IBaselineSet snapshot = (IBaselineSet) service.fetchItem(handle, IRepositoryItemService.COMPLETE);
</pre>

From the command line, the only thing I can see to do is to list the snapshots and grep for the UUID.  When using the command line you can use <tt>--show-uuid y</tt> (and perhaps also <tt>--show-alias n</tt>) to see the UUIDs.
<pre>
> ./lscm list workspaces -r ella -c aniefer
(1109) "Andrew - Android Stream Workspace" Andrew Niefer
(1110) "Andrew Development Workspace" Andrew Niefer
(1111) "aniefer Workspace" Andrew Niefer
(1112) "aniefer Workspace2" Andrew Niefer

> ./lscm --show-uuid y list snapshots -r ella --maximum 50 1109 | grep _ejqpMLWIEeGOwYY0KAk2eg
(1115:_ejqpMLWIEeGOwYY0KAk2eg) "Test Snapshot 1" Jun 13, 2012 2:49 PM

</pre>

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Jun 13 '12, 2:11 p.m.

WOW, is there a way to find that using command line or RTC eclipse client?

Thanks Jirong

Andrew Niefer commented Jun 13 '12, 2:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I assumed you were creating an extension of some sort and were working in Java. I added some info on the command line, I don't know how to do it using the client.

Jirong Hu commented Jun 19 '12, 12:13 p.m.

What I want to achieve is to embed the RTC snapshot information (or something else from which I can relate the source and binary) into the final deployment unit (war/ear/zip) produced by Maven.

Jazz Maven build definition outputs the following information in a Properties file. I am trying to figure out how to use this team.scm.snapshotUUID. I wish I can have the snapshot label instead of this UUID.

Tue Jun 19 11:43:13 EDT 2012

buildDefinitionId=Maven Build team.scm.workspaceUUID=_WXXnMK8nEeG6XI3ra9ra-A buildLabel=20120619-1143 team.scm.snapshotUUID=_ebRvnLolEeGyEcG77cy6sw

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.