It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I mark my own answer as the "Accepted Answer"

Kangkan Goswami (1571621) | asked Jun 13 '12, 8:06 a.m.
How can I mark my own answer as the "Accepted Answer", in case I find some solution to the issue and want to update and mark it as answered?

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jun 13 '12, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot mark your own answers as correct. The reason for this is that as you gain more reputation points, you unlock more moderation features. Having an answer marked as the accepted answer gives you reputation points. Therefore, it would be a security concern if you had the ability to mark your own answer as correct, because it would undermine the reputation and moderation system.

Comments
Kangkan Goswami commented Jun 13 '12, 9:53 a.m.

@SpencerGriffin: Most of the forum does have this feature. The way out is not to award any point for that. The intent is not getting undue points, but collaborate and help the community to reach the solution faster. The attitude matters!

Bo Chulindra commented Sep 26 '12, 10:45 a.m. | edited Sep 26 '12, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree with @kangkan that a good fix is to not award points if a user selects their own answer. It seems wrong that a user who posted a question knows and posts the right answer but has to wait for someone else to come by and mark it as the right answer.

Seth Packham commented Oct 01 '12, 9:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@griffisp I think I agree with the comments above. We could enable this with no awarding of points. Please put this on the list.

Lukas Steiger commented Feb 07 '14, 4:00 a.m.
How is the current state on this? I still don't see the option to accept my own answer 

Frank Schophuizen commented Aug 07 '14, 8:05 a.m.

@bkchulin: It is not even possible for someone else to mark a question as the right answer. This is only allowed for your own questions.

So if you have answered your own question, nobody can mark it as accepted answer.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '14, 8:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

i think moderators could. You could tell us which ones you want marked.

Frank Schophuizen commented Aug 07 '14, 9:33 a.m.

How can we best contact the moderators for this?
I don't want to bother you personally; I assume you have a lot of other work to do (taking into account the excellent articles on your blog).

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '14, 9:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good question. I have no idea! Feel free to contact me. I will pass this on to some folks that could come up with a solutuion.

Frank Schophuizen commented Aug 12 '14, 7:49 a.m.

I also agree with @kangkan that users should not get not award points for answering their own questions.

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.