It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with the integration between RQM 3.0.1.2 & Rational Functional Tester v8.2.2

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Jun 12 '12, 4:58 p.m.
Hi folks,

I've got RFT v8.2.2 integrated with RQM 3.0.1.2 - RFT is installed on my local machine which uses Windows XP 32-bit mode - I'm also using Firefox Firefox 10.0.2 for GUI testing purposes.

The RQM adapter is up and running and functional test scrips are run without problems directly from RFT.

The problem is when I run the same functional test script but from RQM, I always get a "Failed" test result, even when the Adapter is properly enabled.

Is it possible that is happening because I'm using RQM version 3.0.1.2 instead of RQM 3.0.1.3 which is listed in this page? -> http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27027053

Please help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!

Comments
Pramod Chandoria commented Jun 13 '12, 12:14 a.m. | edited Jun 13 '12, 1:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Maria, What is the error message if any displyed. Did you check what detailed log says in RQM Execution Result?

3 answers

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Jun 13 '12, 10:32 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '12, 1:41 p.m.
I wish I could paste the screen shot of the TER here but that's not possible so I will give you more details:

After running the Test Case from RQM, associated to a functional tester script , I see the following information when I go to  the "Result Details" section of the Execution Results:

Summary
[Pass icon] Successful Verification Point: 0
[Fail icon] Failed Verification Point: 0

Not Started

Attachments Process exited abnormally

Rational Functional Tester Simple Log [link]
Rational Functional Tester Detailed Log (Needs Rational Functional Tester) [link]

And I  click on the two links listed above, I get empty files.

IMPORTANT: This doesn't happen when running functional tester scripts directly from RFT 8.2.2

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 13 '12, 12:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Maria, Seems something went wrong with execution and process exited abnormally
"Process exited abnormally"

For a sanity test purpose, can you try running a simple script from RQM.
The script you are running, does it require any external libraries?

I also think this is more of a RFT forum question if you are able to run a simple RFT script.

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Jun 13 '12, 1:45 p.m.
Hi Pramod,

Seems that the problem was that I was trying to test an HTML application that had "Internet Explorer" set as default browser but the browser used when running the functional tester script from RQM was Firefox so I guess that caused some kind of conflict. From now on, I will use only Firefox to test HTML browsers on both RFT and RQM sides.

Cheers,

Victoria.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.