It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

implemented by link failed in RRC

Natalia Trofimov (391714) | asked Jun 12 '12, 3:30 p.m.
RTC/RRC v. 2.0
in RRC, Implemented by link failed  for specific customized types in RTC like tasks and defects. The error is "Cannot create a link for the following targets. See the error log for details". The links to the use cases and risk are working for the same projects. I suspect some customizations in RTC are preventing from creating the links from RRC. It works other way around: I am able to link from RTC to RRC. Any suggestions please?

Comments
Natalia Trofimov commented Jun 13 '12, 5:17 p.m.

Thank you Robin and Dan. I checked the logs: nothing in the logs. I am an architect and I am also an administrator of all the projects so i have all the pervissions. A had also another fatal error that I was able to figure out how to fix. When you select "create new" option on the popup link window after selecting "implemented by", it was throwing the fatal error "cannot create a working copy". it is because by default it was looking for use cases and we removed use case type since we don't use it in some projects. restoring the use case type fixed that problem.

4 answers

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered Jun 15 '12, 1:07 p.m.

After couple of days of troubleshooting I figure out the problem. One of the customized attributes contains # sign in the attribute id name and it looks like JAZZ doesn’t recognize the # sign. Similar issue we experience with the attachments that contain the # sign in its names: they are not opening  after saving. I removed the attribute with the #sign and it fixed the problem for the new workitems in RTC. For the old ones I have to do more work to clean it up

I am bringing it to your attention for the future reference: stay away from # signs in JAZZ and do not include # sign in the attribute’s id name.

Comments
Robin Bater commented Jun 15 '12, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am glad you were able to find the answer.

Natalia Trofimov commented Jun 16 '12, 3:49 p.m.

By removing the attribute with the # sign in the attribute id name from the customized workitems I was able to fix the linkage error only for the new worktems in RTC. However, the “implemented by” link still doesn’t work to link to the old RTC workitems. I cleared all the entries for that attribute in the project area in RTC, I commented that attribute in the project source code, restarted the services. Nothing works! Any ideas?

Robin Bater commented Jun 17 '12, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I have no further ideas for the older work items. There must be something hanging around, even though you have cleared all the entries.

My only suuggestion is to contact tech support.

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered Jun 12 '12, 7:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does the error log provide any further information? If so can you post that?

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jun 13 '12, 5:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 13 '12, 5:05 p.m.
It has been a while since I used V2,  but as Daniel suggested look in the RTC and RRC server logs to see if there are any errors. There may be some bug in RTC's OSLC or process code that disallows it in certain conditions, so that it works for some types but not others, or maybe a license/role issue for example to perform the action in RTC from RRC requires some additional permission.

Failing that contact tech support

permanent link
Natalia Trofimov (391714) | answered Jun 18 '12, 9:59 p.m.
Thank you Robin,
I opened PMR today. i will post the IBM outcome here

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.