It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What tools are available for continuous build and deployment process using RTC, other than buildforge

saptarshi mukerji (611) | asked Jun 10 '12, 8:26 p.m.
edited Jun 13 '12, 11:10 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
We are looking at options other than buildforge to set up the process of continuous build and deployment. Can anyone suggest what would a good tool to provide the following :-

1. Automate build of Integration modules (e.g. ear/bpd files from Websphere Integration Designer/Process Designer)
2. Provide build audit reports
3. Provider Build summary
4. Provide capability to deploy build artifacts into Process Server environment
5. Provide continuous build and deployment environment to enable scheduled tasks.

Feed back on the above would be much appreciated. We have already expolored buildforge however, the Jazz JBE adaptor is missing in the enterprise toolset that has been purchased to do the task with BPM 7.5.1 toolset. Hence, we are exploring other options besides buildforge.

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Jun 13 '12, 11:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you not able to use Build Forge adaptors? I don't see why Build Forge would be excluded as a solution, since it does everything you are looking to do...

3 answers

permanent link
Vivek Iyer (15212527) | answered Jun 12 '12, 4:42 p.m.
We use Anthill Pro from Urbancode and it has worked out well. Anthill ships with 3 plugins for RTC - source control, work items, and builds.

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Jun 12 '12, 4:01 p.m.
 "the Jazz JBE adaptor is missing in the enterprise toolset that has been purchased to do the task with BPM 7.5.1 toolset ", what does this mean? JBE is part of RTC, free of charge. Your enterprise toolset excludes JBE?

So far no tool is well supported by RTC in terms of continuous build and deploy. I've used CruiseControl, Maven, all need extra work.

Jirong

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 11 '12, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 11 '12, 9:23 a.m.
You can use the Jazz build engine JBE for most of your steps. You will have to create an ant script to do the build, and you have to make sure the necessary compilers/build tools are available on the machine where the build engine runs. I think this is true for Buildforge and any other build tool. For Java you have to provide the EJC (eclipse standalone compiler) or another compiler. Other tools such as Websphere provide similar ways to compile headless.

The JBE also works with other build tools such as hudson/jenkins.

I am not sure what "build audit reports" means.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.