It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 - specifying a default work item type when doing a copy between Project Areas

Pravesh Patel (37612615) | asked Jun 08 '12, 1:37 p.m.
I have 2 Project Areas defined on the same RTC server instance.  I have different work item types defined in each Project Area.  I want to copy a Work Item from one Project Area to another, but I want to make sure the copied instance of the Work Item in the target Project Area is of a specific Work Item type.  Is there a way to do this?

By default, it appears that the work item type in the target Project Area is the first Work Item type defined for the target Project Area.  I know I can manually change the type of the copied work item in the target  Project Area after the copy, however I'd like to somehow specify the default target work item type for a given source work item type.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 11 '12, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am not aware that there is a feature to create a default mapping for work item copy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.